One of its component, the Provoke Trigger Event method, can deliver serendipity, which makes the Trigger Event Model a link between marketing and innovation.
However, implementing the Provoke Trigger Event method is most challenging.
Study cases can be helpful.
The following study case is a fictitious story featuring Agile Game Franchisor (AGF-Paris), an innovative IT consulting SME eager to share its findings with its peers by talking at a yearly conference named French Touch Agile Conference.
Any resemblance to existing characters or companies would be pure coincidence. The links to the real world and graphic are for illustrative purposes only.
France has become a worldwide reference in Tech.
Because of the French Touch, that is, culture and people which make it easy to embrace new methods of thinking and working.
To get a flavor of this French Touch, there is VivaTech , a world-class event.
There are also local conferences.
The French Touch Agile Conference is about Agile IT practices and takes place in a major town in France every year.
For the 2018 conference edition, the SME AGF-Paris proposed a talk on Agile games franchising .
AGF-Paris had high expectations that the proposal be selected by the conference steering commitee out of other candidates :
- SEO [agile games] outputs were promising
- The topic might attrack creative Agile coaches who would be interested to assess the opportunity to pivot to Agile game franchisor
- A pionneer Agile game franchisor is famous among software agile developpers : it is Mountain Goat Software, USA, who franchises the Agile game Planning Poker .
For the 2019 edition, AGF-Paris proposed a workshop on Agile marketing.
Again, there were high expectations to be chosen :
- SEO [agile marketing] outputs were promising
- The topic might attrack Agile IT coaches who would be eager to explore opportunities beyond IT, for instance with the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
- The Agile marketing workshop would use a state-of-the-art digital workplace, which is an Agile marketing enabler.
Following this double fail, AGF-Paris announced
- a new type of serious game/business game, which is called Enterprise Adventure Game. An Enterprise Adventure Game is a serious game/business game such as these which are operated by business schools in executives ou MBA programmes, but it leverages Agile games .
- a specimen of this innovative serious/business game, which is about Agile marketing .
 Vues à VivaTech 2019 : des solutions pour le bien-être au travail, Gouvernance numérique de l'entreprise créative, 28 May 2019
 Agile games around the world, L'entreprise numérique créative, 4 March 2018
 Franchiseur d'Agile games, un nouveau métier du numérique, L'entreprise numérique créative, 2 March 2018
 Definition : Enterprise Adventure Game, in five intrinsic characteristics, L'entreprise numérique créative, May 31. 2919
 Agile marketing - The Game Part 1, Do-Khac Decision, 2019
- What could be the possible reasons why the steering commitee of French Touch Agile Conference turned down the proposition of a talk on Agile games franchising ?
- What could be the possible reasons why the steering commitee turned down the proposition of a workshop on Agile marketing ?
- Imagine a process that could have driven AGF-Paris to create a new type of serious game/ business game ?
- What capabilities should be mobilized in your enterprise to implement the Provoke Trigger Event method ?
- Trigger Event Model, Do-Khac Decision [a]
- Business Model Pavement for Digital, Do-Khac Decision [b]
[a]Agile marketing : the Trigger Event Model, L'entreprise numérique créative, 26 Feb 2019
[b] Trois business ontologies pour l'entreprise numérique, L'entreprise numérique créative, 27 Aug 2015
The study case complies to the format of an "Entreprise Adventure Game Session"[A].
In addition of the study case data provided above, the format defines
- the use of Agile games
- a monitoring team (academic professors, coaches, seasoned professionals)
- physical and digital workspace infrastructure facilities
Another study case is about Agile Game Franchisor (AGF-Paris), an innovative IT consulting SME eager to share its findings with its peers by talking at a yearly conference named French Touch Agile Conference [B].
[A] Format of an Enterprise Adventure Game Session, L'entreprise numérique créative, 18 July 2019
[B] Provoke Trigger Event method : study case N°1, Entreprise numérique créative, 19 July 2018